Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Honor...

Today is a day dedicated to the memory of those guys who committed suicide because of homophobic bullying. Tyler Clementi, Seth Walsh, Justin Aaberg, Raymond Chase, and Billy Lucas- This post is dedicated to them and all of those that are victims of anti-gay bullying.

Sadly, Ignorance is prevalent among people today- be it because of their upbringing or because they're just naturally obtuse. How the hell can someone call someone else a "fag" or a "faggot"?In all seriousness, Would you call me a "spic" or a "wetback"? Would you call an African American a "nigger"? Would you call an Asian or Asian American a "chink"? It's as if people seriously do not fucking understand what an insult it is. And, to the question, if you would do all that, then you are scum, in my not so humble opinion.

Brief English Lesson to all of you out there: "Faggot" is actually a term used for a bundle of sticks tied together. It is also, officially, an contemptuous word for a woman. Seriously, look it up. It's only used, sadly, as slang. I

But in relation to the "faggot" thing, do people know exactly how stupid it makes you look if you describe something as being "gay"? I wasn't aware that an inanimate object or situation had a sexual orientation. You should write an article for a scientific journal or something, since you must have some type of psychometric abilities to be able to tell that!

Also, I must note, this is called "Sarcasm". [sahr-kaz-uhm] If you are not familiar with the term feel free to google it, or visit Dictionary.com- these two should yield the definition.

It just pisses me off when people say stupid shit like that. Some idiots cannot even respect a day to honor the dead! People who committed suicide because of ignorance and prejudice like that! Calling today "Faggot Day" and stupid shit like that. Do you know exactly who you're insulting when you say stupid shit like that? You're insulting some of my best friends, some of my family members, my little sister!

So yes, I get pissed off when people say shit like that. It's not cool, it's not funny, and it just makes you look like an ignorant ass- which you probably are.

Either way, regardless of what type of bullying it is, it os wrong. Anything that can drive some poor kid to kill themselves is wrong and should not be condoned under any type of circumstances.

I was going to continue to blog about my day, but I can do that tomorrow. Please, read what I posted and truly think about what you are saying next time you say "fag", "faggot" or refer to something as "gay". Think about the people who commit suicide because of the ignorance and lack of tolerance in this country.

And, for those that know me personally, (which is probably a large number of you) I don't actually have a little sister, by blood anyways. She's one of my best friends, whom I see and call my little sister, because to me she is exactly that- my little sister.

Also, concerning the racial slurs, I used quotes to signify that I was not using them in that context. Putting them in there is just to compare and to drive the message across. I apologize if it offended you.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment