Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Science Fiction, Double Feature

So tonight was the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" tribute episode of Glee. I was so stoked for it, i really was! Like, I watched the actual movie like thrice in preparation for it!

Yeah...it was awesome.

Well not as great as I thought it was going to be. For instance, "Sweet Transvestite" was slightly butchered (nothing to bad, just some parts cut off i.e. "Satanic Mechanic..."), "Sword of Damocles" was not performed at all (which annoyed me, because it is personally one of my favorite songs from the movie), there were no dressed up party goers and not to mention that nothing after "Once In A While" was performed. Nothing. Not "Rose Tints My World" (Which I love!!), No "Eddie" ("When Eddie said he didn't like his teddy, you knew he was a no good kid!), No "Planet Schmanet", etcetera.

This really annoyed me, especially since they included "Over At The Frankenstein Place", and not "Rose tints My World"! I mean, I get it why, not enough time, they couldn't have the actors cross dressing in slutty lingerie, but still! It should have been part of the end or something!

Other than that (which is kind of alot, lol), It was pretty good. "Hot Patootie- Bless My Soul" was performed perfectly. There was swing dancing and trumpets. Awesome. "Touch-A Touch-A Touch Me" was pretty fucking awesome, too! Best of the bunch, in my humble opinion.

The ending of the show's plot was kind of lame, but they finished off the tribute with the Time Warp. Not even I can complain about that. Whoooo, Time Warp!

"Let's do the time warp, again!!!!!"

And after "Glee", there is this new show called "Raising Hope". That thing is fucking hilarious! Haha! People, watch it. I'll be very disappointed if it's cancelled like all those other shows Fox has made. Lol!

Okay, so I haven't posted in a few days (even though I don't know if anyone reads since no one comments *hint!hint!*) because I've been so busy with school! I probably won't be able to post that much this week, either. I'll try, between editing my essays, writing my critiques, and reading a thousand or so pages for my World Literature class.

After my midterm, I'll post for sure! I'll try to do something about politics, or something.

4 comments:

  1. I agree completely with the whole thing!!
    nevertheless glee is amazing!
    oh my gosh i love raising hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still sad over the "Rose Tints My World" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooo! I thought I should come along and see this new blog of yours! :P Rip Midnight Stargazing tho :'(

    I never actually saw RHPS so pretty much all of that episode went over my head! I had no idea what was going on!!
    I actually loved 'Touch me'.. I've been playing it constantly on YT all day! But yeah after that ep, I REALLY want to see the real thing! Like REALLY. I cant find it anywhere though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? I got it on Amazon! Lol! 11 dollars! It's awesome! Take my word for it! Once you see the real thing, tho, you will criticize the Glee episode.

    Well it's still alive...technically. Just in a coma. : P

    Thanks for coming along! I've been posting sparingly, though. College issues. Lol

    ReplyDelete