Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hi! My name is Awesome, and I'm addicted to Staples...

Oh hell. I've really let my blog go. Haha!

Well truthfully, I didn't mean to. I've actually been thinking about what I want to blog on next, but truthfully, I have not had a chance to actually do it. I've just been so busy! I had to work on a 15 page play for my playwriting class and a five page essay on the "Epic of Gilgamesh" as a metaphor for psychological maturation for my Myth and Lit class. I've also had to read an insane amount of literature for my World Lit class. Needless to say, it was all horrible! I've been so stressed!

But right now, I'm taking a break and relaxing before continuing my Gilgamesh essay (which I must also edit and turn in tomorrow, late). I've also have to come up with research on Celtic Mythology for my 10 page research paper that's due a day before my birthday. : (

So break it is. Lol!

I got back my essay on Euripides' The Medea about a week or two ago. I was so pissed!! And it wasn't because of my grade, no I got an A. I was so angry because my teacher dared to question my ethics!! She wrote: "This is a good paper and a good analyzation of character motivation. I hope it is all your work."

She wrote that. I almost started shouting then and there. I'm not even fucking kidding. I would've started screaming uncontrollably and crazily until she apologized profusely. But I controlled myself and have not even mentioned it, since I still think I'll start yelling. That, and she's probably forgotten about it, anyway.

On other news, I saw the first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" last weekend. It was epic! I originally had my doubts, seeing as I have not seen anything after Chamber of Secrets for the sole reason that the movies ruined "Prisoner of Azkaban" for me. I really do not remember why, but I remember! Still, regardless, I completely recommend the new movie. They work everything in very nicely, and they skip very little, as far as I know. The last time I read the book was when it came out in '08 I believe, so if they did skip something, I don't remember it.

Anywho, since I'm reviving this previously dead post, I'll let you know. Haha! It is now Nov 25 at 8:54 pm.

I have realized that I have a problem. A very serious problem. . .

. . . I'm addicted to Staples.

I'm not even fucking kidding. Every time I go there I have to buy something, whether it be a new plastic file-keeping contraption, printer paper, binder or Post-Its, I spend money there!! It's becoming a huge problem.

I'm buying random shit I don't need, with money I should not be spending on shit I don't need, and I'm reaching the point where I might start drowning in post its. I could probably take a picture of myself covered in Post-Its, but hmm....

I might actually do it! You know, to justify my Post-It runs to Staples every other day. . . Hmmm. . . I have to admit, it's a titillating idea. . .

On other news, I had Midterm: The Sequel for my World Literature class- and it was horrible! I had to write two in-class essays: one on the difference between male-voiced literature and Japanese, female-voiced literature and another on the similarities between the Bible and the Qur'an. I thought the prompt on the female-voiced literature would've been easier, but no. It was a fucking drag. I couldn't write well at all and the fucking prompt was so damned confusing that I got lost and next thing I knew it, it was twenty minutes to 3 and I only had thirty minutes left.

Even less, when the prof decided to cut the class ten minutes without informing us. She just told us "you've gone over two minutes" when it was only 3. We still had another ten minutes left of class time, which I informed her of (nicely of course!), and she graciously gave us two more minutes to finish writing.

Needless to say, I was not happy. But, despite popular belief, I did not yell, insult or murder. I held my tongue and finish my essay on religious scripture, which is meant to be horrible regardless. Bleh.

Thankfully, I have my two-day Turkey Day break, for which I am forever grateful. I've needed this- I plan to sit, watch movies, facebook/youtube, and just generally veg. In the evening, I'm probably going with family for food, which is usually a nice event- I don't have to yell at my mom's side of the family. Hahahaha!

Hopefully I can do black Friday! I have my eye on a new pair of Doc Martens, some fourteen hole-rs. It would be epic if I can find them on sale (but very unlikely), so I'm better off saving off for Christmas. Haha! Maybe I can get them for my birthday. . .

What is everyone else (hopefully I'm not writing for no reason, lol) doing for Thanksgiving?

Okay, that's my life so far. I'll try not to lag next time! Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Your World Literature class sounds cool (even though you don't think so! :P) I have to do French Lit here but I'd waaay rather be doing a wider range. French writers/poets are unbelievably depressing! D:
    What have you come up with for Celtic mythology? Anything on Ireland? :)

    Oh and Happy late Thanksgiving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the subject matter is REALLY cool! But the teacher just sucks....
    French Lit sounds awesome, btw!! Lol! Why so depressing?
    I actually haven't done much, but the Tuatha De Danann are from Ireland, aren't they? Haha! I'll let you know?
    And same to you, even though I don't really celebrate. I did Black Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete