Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Be My Poland, Please?

Oh dear. I've neglected my blog for so long! : o

It's been so long since I posted! Last time I did so it was four days before my birthday...

Which went great, by the way. Thank you for asking. Even though you did not ask. Haha! But yeah, my actual birthday landed on a Wednesday so I was unable to celebrate my birthday on the day it landed. I had to go to class. Which wasn't too bad. Afterwards I hung out with one of my best friends and went out to eat, so it ranks pretty high in the birthday scale. Later on, on Friday during my acting class Livie brought cupcakes to celebrate Ivan and my birthday, on which we gorged until I was as sugar-high as a five-year-old left unchecked in a candy store. I'm not kidding on how sugar-high I was. Then, on Saturday, my and my friends went to go watch Burlesque, which is a really good movie. mainly because of the music, but I digress. It was money well spent, until the people behind us started talking and I had to regulate. But it went well. : )

Finals were a certifiable disaster. Right after my birthday week, finals started. I had three essays to write, which I did. I had to bust some serious miracles to finish my paper on Celtic mythology and had to turn in my final essay late. I worked some magic (out of my seriously depleted magic bag) to finish my analyzation of Machiavelli's "The Prince" in one night. I had some serious sleepless nights. The first night I had no sleep, a final and then no sleep again. Up until Sunday, I was not afforded decent sleep. The only good thing about that week was my meetings with my group. Lol! They were awesome. : )

First off, on Monday, I took a few hours off to meet them and go costume shopping. The entire event was fruitless and we found nothing (except my Halloween costume for next year, but that's next year. Lol) but it was so much fun! And then on Thursday we met to practice in which Cliff bought us food, I pretended to work and we practiced- kinda. Then we took a whole bunch of pictures whilst posing on my mac. With my mac, not on my mac. Haha! After that, me and Sabrina went to the Hat. : ) Friday was our performance, which did not go as well as we had planned. But it's all good. My second presentation I had to find a replacement for my partner (who was sick and was unable to make it) so Livie stepped it and it went great! The professor was really impressed, despite the group issue we had previously encountered.

I'm seriously hoping I pass all of my classes! I messed up a bit, but at the moment, I am beyond caring! I just want to pass, so I don't have to re-do any classes! : (

So today was the Academic Decathlon Christmas Party- which is this gathering my former coach always throws for her former and current teams. Which is really nice of her, btw. Anyways, I was able to spend a lot of time with my former team mates, whom I all really missed! We've all just been so busy that we haven't had time to communicate! But it was all fun! I dazzled people with my skills at "Battle of the Sexes," ate some cherry tarts, and played a really hardcore game of "Uno." I'm not kidding when I say Hardcore. We were backstabbing one another and when one player managed to get one card we all teamed up against them. We made alliances, we made enemies, Mari was my Poland- it got crazy! Haha! It was awesome and I would so do it again! : D

Also, I so fucking excited! Coug came back from Yale! I was so happy to have her back that I visited her in the goddamn rain! Hahaha! I even slipped in her back yard cause of some issue with the roof- don't ask. We spent the time watching this documentary on the Deadly Sin of Pride, funnily enough. It's extremely ironic that particular episode was played on that day, seeing as we're both so vain. It was like the perfect episode for us to watch. Then we watched this show about Salon makeovers and criticized the participants- all in all it was very fun. Then before I left we somehow made a song using Garageband something very techno-y and rock-ish. we kept remarking on why we had not done that before so it might be something we wish to pursue... : )

Okay, my hands seem to be very tired from typing. Lol! I will stop here. Although I will try to blog once every two days, if not every day! : ) Now that I don't have anything to do! Hahaha!


4 comments:

  1. lol did you breath when writing this? :P Glad you had a good birthday ^^

    The decathlon christmas party sounded fun! I never heard of a more extreme game of UNO! :P

    Oh Merry Christmas! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure... maybe that's why my face is purple? Hahahaha! Thanks, it went well. : )

    That game was crazy! It kept getting meaner and meaner...! Hahaha! And it was! I loved the party. : D

    Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all of your guys' backstabbing my first time playing UNO was probably my last. half the time I didn't know whether that's how the game went or you guys were being mean... XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! No, we were actually playing the game. The backstabbing is just us Decathletes' twist on it. Lol! And no! Next Christmas Party you're playing! I cannot believe I did not win! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete