Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ghosts, Tarot Cards and Sarah Palin

Well, I'm alive. Seriously, not a ghost- my blood is pumping as a result of my heart beating, which means I'm existing as a normal, live human being. Or at least a live human being (normal is too strong a word and not applicable.)

It is The End of February as we know it. And it will lead to the start of March and the birthdays of various people that I know, because for some reason, my mother and the rest of the world decided to have their birthdays in March. So I have lots of "Happy Birthdays" to give out, lots of cards to buy and a present for my mother. Lol!

I also started school about three weeks ago. I love my classes! My World Lit class is fucking awesome- I cannot believe I was considering dropping it! Despite the fact that we're reading the Romantic poets and it's forcing a Decathlon revival (which has it's up and down moments), I still love it. I'm also enjoying Bible as Lit and all the sex in that particular Holy text. It's fun. *Grin* Playwriting is coming along- I'm having plot issues! But I'm plowing through and my play isn't totally sucking; I just need to fix some discrepancies. Math is coming along, and surprisingly easy- at least at this point. But I'm confident in my mathematical ability (for once) and I'm sure I will pass the class. The Anthropology of Religion and Witchcraft is coming along, although I'm severely behind- I need to read this weekend.

Tomorrow I start reading this book on the Tarot- my new project. I had decided to learn to use and read them some time ago, and now I ordered, paid for, and received them (a beautiful version of the Rider Waite, for anyone interested) and am really excited to start. I haven't actually done any readings, since I don't completely understand the cards and their meanings, and I don't want to mess with anything I don't really understand (at least spiritually, anyway.) I can't wait until I start, though! : D

So current events... Well President's Day happened, and I celebrated like I always do- I sacrificed a baby cow and danced in the moonlight covered in blood and waving a huge stick around, in honor of George Washington.

Okay, so I really didn't do that, but that would've been abnormally hilarious! Hahahaha! And besides, I can't sacrifice small animals- I'm a vegetarian. Yes, I'm that rarity- a fat vegetarian. Lol! We happen! It's possible!

Speaking of fat, according to Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Obama's weight is a source for criticism. Supposedly this is only the latest in a long string of jokes about out First Lady, in which conservatives attack her and her anti-obesity campaign. I was not aware that conservatives hated children and wanted them to get diabetes and die. Seriously, Rush has no room to criticize unless he's a male model, or anorexic- and it is pretty obvious that he is neither, as far as I know. There's the possibility that the fashion world has lowered it's standards. The article also mentioned Sarah Palin, and at that point the whole thing became a joke to me and I laughed at her expense.

For me, reality stars are among the lowest form of life on this planet, and failed reality stars, such as Palin, are even lower. It's ridiculously hilarious- just like her chances at becoming President. I have no interest in what she has to say (unless it's particularly funny) and I don't really care about her opinion. She needs to go away. Not make reality shows. Seriously.

On other news, Lady Gaga won three Grammys: Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Short Form Music Video and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. She also released Born This Way, which has been number one on iTunes since it's release- which is pretty good. This is included for no other reason than "because I could."

Okay, now back to me. I'm writing a play- a love story. Yes. Laugh. Laugh all you want! I can write romance... kind of. Thankfully it's a comedy, so I can wing it. Lol! I also have two essays due, and I need to start reading and writing, ASAP. I want to get straight A's this semester- which I know is possible! I also have to carry around a Bible. Bleh. People look at me as if I'm religious- and I'm thinking about dressing goth-ish and wearing pentacles all over me every Tuesday to dilute the effect. I don't like it.

What should I do my World Lit research paper on? I've been thinking about one of the Romantic poets (Coleridge or Blake, possibly Byron, if I can) or maybe on Pope's Rape of the Lock. Yes. I am asking your opinion- I cannot make up my mind.

Thanks for reading! : ) I appreciate it.

Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Decathlon revival? Witchcraft? Learning how to interpret tarot cards?! AND you even got presidents day off? I'm sooooo jealous of your life right now!!!! :P

    ps. DO BLAKE!!!! songs of innocence and songs of experience! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! is that a compliment? : P Lol! And the Decathlon Revival was not inspired willingly, although I have now fully embraced it. Every time someone says "Wordsworth" I say, in my head, "In a rather loong excursion..." -_-

    I want to! But if I do use Blake, I'll probably only do Songs of Innocence- those have a darker undertone. The whole title is ironic.

    ReplyDelete