Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome to Candyland?

Okay, this song, Candyland, by Blood on the Dance Floor, is one of the strangest songs I have ever heard. It's JStar worthy. No, but seriously, it has the most upbeat tempo ever (kind of rave-ish) and the filthiest lyrics in existence. Little Sample: "Cum shots and gum drops, Double-Fist and blowpops... Welcome to Candyland, I'll split your ass in two!"

I know. That's what I said. Seriously, it has ruined the board game for me. Not that I played it anyway, but it's the principle of the thing. This ought to teach me not to buy random songs off of iTunes (yes, I buy my music- suck it.) Despite that, though, I still listen to it. What does that say about me?

In other news, my semester starts this coming Monday. The idea of this is sort of bittersweet: on one hand, my life has an actual meaning! I am no longer forced to seek the meaning of life in countless hours of sleep! I can have a social life since I will now have a method of transportation (i.e. Bus Pass) and I can do stuff! On the other hand: ....school. Ew.

So I'm kind of torn on this.

Meanwhile, I've been writing this new short story that I came up with some time ago- and it's turning out pretty good, even if I do say so myself. It has vampires in it, something new for me, which despite all the fantasy I write, is a subject I have never approached, mainly because of the contamination caused by Twatlight and Twatlight enthusiasts. It used to be my "Fuck-you" to Meyer, but she doesn't care, so I just decided to write them anyway. The ideas are being played out correctly and the plot connects and is pretty sturdy, having taken care of any possible plot holes and fragility from the beginning.

I've come upon a whole new world in my imagination and I love it. Hopefully, this string of creativity and urge to write continues and does not die out as soon as I start the semester, which has happened before.

Speaking of the semester, I've been trying to come up with ideas for my future play. I need to write a full-length script by the end of the semester (early-ish May, I believe) and I want a head start before I start fucking up and procrastinating. Anyone that knows me knows I do that. Haha! You don't even have to know me personally- I'm sure I have a reputation as a slacker and hard-core procrastinator.

I really cannot come up with any that does not come with a insanely hard plot to maneuver, despite how awesome the final product may come out. I really don't want to have to mess with that- it most likely won't end well.

Does anyone have any ideas they want to help me with? Lol!

I have come up with a few, and I may end up keeping one of them (my first one had too many plot holes and relied mainly on comedy and sarcasm) but I want to explore my options. So... help?

Also: Congrats to the BHS Decath Team! They did fucking awesome at Public SuperQuiz today and I felt they deserved a shout out! They tied with their main competitor within the conference (HP doesn't count) and beat El Camino (who won Nationals last year) by one point! So, congrats to you (if any of the current team reads this) and to those whom are still in at BHS and see the team or coaches around campus- please congratulate them, the effort the put into it is above and beyond what should be done and at least some recognition is deserved, don't you think?

As I finish this I am listening to "Big Machine" by Velvet Revolver. I just felt like mentioning it. Also, I just freaked out 'cause I changed the song and I was suddenly listening to a Catholic mass in latin. It was strange. (Sadeness, by Enigma.)

No comments:

Post a Comment